Frequently Asked Questions
If you think you might want an enhancement that resembles make-up or is much more defined, then you can opt for a Combination or Shadow Brow method.
For many the natural looking result produced by Microblading is enough, as it gives you a natural looking Brow that you can build on. Also as Microblading is the least permanent of methods, it is very easy to convert to a Combination or Shadow Brow method in future if you decide you want to take your enhancement to the next level. Cosmetic Tattoo is an art, not science, and there is no perfect formula. Martina is an artist and will adjust accordingly.
The Brow design is done collaboratively between you and I. To begin I will go ahead and create brows with pencil to suit your face using facial measurements. From there we then work together until we have a final design that you like and suits your face.
- The final result is achieved over 2 sessions. After your initial appointment, a perfection visit is required 6-8 weeks later to touch up and perfect the brow shape. Occasionally some clients may require a third visit to finish the Brow. This is often down to the client’s skin type, but can also be affected by lifestyle or aftercare factors.
- You will need to avoid any strenuous activity for the first 7-10 days of healing; this is to ensure the area is kept free from perspiration. Please do not book an appointment the week of any important social plans.
- You will need to avoid any kind of facial treatments around the area for 7 days; this includes facials or laser etc.
- You will need to avoid swimming for 10 days.
- You will not be able to donate blood for 6 months following treatment.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- Facial treatments that involve chemical peels, microdermabrasion, skin needling or anything that intensely removes layers of skin or is invasive. (This includes the daily use of topical Vitamin A or prescription Retin A).
When your skin undergoes these treatments, there is a healing period afterwards as it rejuvenates itself, I can only tattoo and will only tattoo on perfectly healed skin. Please avoid the above in the 30 days prior to your appointment.
- Botox - If you have had Botox anywhere around the Brow area, I recommend waiting to book your Brow appointment until right before you are due for a top up. This ensures I am designing your Brows when your face is in its most natural state. Please wait 2 weeks before having Botox performed after your procedure.
- Sun baking or tanning beds, as above I need to your skin to be in tip top condition, and if you are freshly tanned, sun burnt, or have been burnt on the face in the days leading up to then I will not be able to guarantee your results. If you are planning on being out in the sun in the weeks prior, please wear a strong SPF and a hat to protect your face.
- If you take Fish Oil supplements, please stop at least 7 days prior to your appointment. This is because Fish Oil tablets thin the blood.
- PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY NUROFEN/IBUPROFEN VITAMIN E OR ASPIRIN for at least 48 hours before your appointment, these also cause blood thinning.
- CAFFEINE AND ALCOHOL MUST ALSO BE AVOIDED AS OF THE DAY PRIOR.
- Please note that due to the nature of the services provided in the studio, it is not appropriate to bring Children to your appointment.
- Only the client receiving the procedure is permitted in the room with Martina whilst the procedure is being performed, this is a health and safety requirement and regulation for skin penetration procedures.
Martina requires complete concentration to ensure the best result is achieved for you. Martina is very approachable and easy to talk to which makes the design process pressure free and easy – we want our clients to love the Brows as much as we do!
Please inform Martina PRIOR to your appointment if:
- You have had your eyebrows tattooed previously
- You are taking medication of any kind
- You have any serious allergies
- You have any keloid scarring on the area
- You have any known medical conditions